Saturday, December 29, 2012

Easter Pageant & a Great Visit

Again, I'm still playing catch up....

I went to the Easter Pageant in April, just like I do every year. Again, it was great!


On April 4th I met up with these two ladies who, back in 2004, changed the course of my life. I don't know what I can say that would show how grateful I am for them.

they called this the "Megan sandwich"


I'll share the condense version of why they're so great. The lady on the right, Leslie, is from my ward in Texas. She knew I couldn't go to Utah after graduating high school because of my health so she asked her sister, Stacey (left one), who lived here, if I could move in with her family. At the time, their last child was going to to be a senior in high school and they had an extra bedroom I could use. Leslie found out the elevation, how far the community colleges were, and the weather before she even asked me because she wanted to make sure it would be ok for me to live here. When she first asked I was thinking in my head heck no! I could never do that. First of all I don't even know anyone there. Well, I pondered and prayed about it for a few weeks and then I started getting excited whenever I thought about moving here. That's how I knew it was the right thing to do and my prayers had been answered. This experience was the first time feeling and knowing that Heavenly Father had answered my prayers. (I'm sure it happened before and I just didn't notice.) After I moved here it was like I had known Stacey and her family for years. They were so very kind to let a stranger move in with them. I'm so grateful for their kindness and love. I am also thankful for Leslie for what I am sure were promptings she had to ask her sister about me. I'm so very thankful she followed them.

I had a fun time visiting with them. I will always be grateful for their friendship.

No comments: