Friday, September 28, 2012

Goin' on a Field Trip

Back in March I was a chaperone for my friend's classroom on their field trip to a Southwest Airlines hanger next to the airport. I was really excited about it! A dream of mine is to have a plane fly right over me on the runway. Weird, I know. Anyways, a pilot had been coming in every week for about two months teaching the kids about how planes work, routes he flies, schedules, and doing experiments with them. The kids loved it. It's an actual program Southwest does called Adopt-A-Pilot. I think it's a great thing.

I know you'll laugh, but on the day of the field trip I tried to make sure I looked extra grown up/adult because there were going to be chaperone parents and I didn't want to blend in too much with the kids. I can't fix the fact that 5th graders are my height, but I can dress my age.  :)


Pilot showing the kids his helmet

Inside the hanger 


One of the wheels

where the luggage goes


I learned the gasoline goes in the wings


No clue where this is on the plane


I was so close to the runway!

Showing how they make ice really really fast


truck that fills the plane with snacks and drinks

leaving the hanger

1 comment:

Allison Rowe said...

That would be very cool to go see. Jealous!