Friday, March 2, 2012

Sewed a Skirt!

I have a friend who is an amazing seamstress. I was telling her I love sewing, but don't know a whole lot so she said she'd help me sew something. I chose a skirt! So we went to JoAnn's and bought a pattern and fabric that were both on sale. I learned how to do french seams and other nifty tricks. Before I sewed the front and back together I tried it on and it was too small. For once in my life something was too small for me!! So I bought more fabric and sewed two strips down each side. Unless you know what happened, you can't even tell they weren't part of the original pattern.

Starting off...

Sewing part of the ruffle.

The back of the skirt is complete!

It's finished!!
 
 
The top I wore with it. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SO cute! Way to go Megs.

Emily said...

wow, so cute, megs. sew some more!