Sunday, January 8, 2012

I Graduated!!!

***Lots of posts forthcoming and here is the first one***

I should have blogged about this back on October 5th when it happened, but I have put it off until now. But anyways, I GRADUATED with honors as a medical transcriptionist!! Woot woot! That day was also the deadline I had to have everything done by. It all came together so very nicely. I definitely had help from above... that's for dang sure. Since then I have been applying for jobs. I've gotten some no's back, but have also taken a test for a company. There are a lot of companies hiring so I'm bound to find something... hopefully sooner than later.

 

  My friend made this countdown calender for me so I could get a visual of how close I was to being done. I got to put a smiley sticker on the days I did the right amount of transcriptions. I only did this the last few months.


 I had to crop the August calendar to get a close up of the 30th. I was SO excited to be done and that I actually FINISHED everything.


I started recording my timings to see if I was getting better. Each timing depended on what kind of transcription, the doctors voice (if he slurred his/her words), and the clarity of the transcription.


 Each number is one transcription. To get done by my year mark I had to do at least 15-20 a day... sometimes more. I calculated 900 or so total transcriptions. Crazy!


I blurred my name in the empty space on my diploma.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Raise the roof! That is totally awesome.

The Rowes said...

YAY! SO PROUD OF YOU, MEGS!