Monday, September 5, 2011

Haboob... say what??!!

Isn't that a weird name for a monsoon?! I sure think so. During this time of year we get some crazy weather sometimes. Back in the first part of July I went with a friend to the store with clear blue skies out and when we left the store, just 30 minutes later, we saw this as we were getting on the freeway. At first we didn't know what it was, but soon realized it was just pure dust and strong winds. Crazy huh! It was a little scary not being able to see very far in front of us while driving. Surprising what a little, I mean a lot of dust can do to a town. Well it can swallow it up whole! So needless to say I was in my first real dust storm. I was so glad that my friend had her camera with her!


 





1 comment:

Tammy said...

Woah. That is super scary! I can't imagine what it would be like to try do drive around in that!