Monday, March 29, 2010

Tender Mercies

Photo by Greg Olsen

Lately the words "tender mercies" have been on my mind as I've seen the Lord's hand and guidance in my life and in a friend's life. Yesterday I wanted to read a talk on tender mercies so I searched that subject on the church's website. The first one that came up was Elder Bednar's called "The Tender Mercies of the Lord." It's an amazing talk; it was exactly what I needed to hear. It just confirmed the feelings I've been having of how much the Lord is aware of us and knows way more than we do. He knows our strengths, weaknesses, talents, and struggles we go through everyday.
Then this morning I wanted to watch a Mormon Messages video. So I went to the website and noticed there was a video of one of Elder Bednar's talks. (he's one of my favorite apostles) It was the exact talk I read yesterday! I felt the spirit so strong right then because I knew Heavenly Father was aware of me and knew what was on my mind. Once again this confirmed my testimony of how much the Lord is mindful of each one of his children. It's just truly amazing and kind of hard to comprehend how much love He has for us.
All in all just knowing He is aware and only wants the BEST for us is the greatest feeling.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks for that Meg. Isn't Elder Bednar such a great speaker? He's one of my favorites too.