Sunday, February 7, 2010

Heart & Lung Transplant

I have begun the process of getting on the heart and lung transplant list. I'm still not even officially on because my insurance has to get approved and then I have to go through tests just to see if I'm eligible to have this done. My pulmonologist said they might not even let me have this done because of my size and scoliosis. To me my size doesn't make sense because children have this done and I know I'm bigger than them. I'd probably get a child's heart and lung from the same person because of my size though. This is only the beginning of a long road ahead, but every time I think about this I get so excited and I'm ready. I'm excited for how much more I will be able to do once it's all over. I'll have so much more energy and NOT have to wear oxygen. I know there's a chance the donor organs might reject me and that's a BIG possibility, but I'm ok with the risk. I've learned when I'm making big decisions, if it's right than I'll be excited about it. Well, that's the case with the transplant. I will be in Heavenly Father's care and whatever happens is what He has in store for me. And if I don't make it that just means I get to be on the other side helping people I love here. I know that may seem sad to hear, but it's true. That's really how I feel. Each of us are on the Lord's errand in this life. Each of us have talents, goals, trials and things we need to accomplish here on this earth. That's the whole reason why were here. So if I live through this and everything is hunky dory than great. I'll live my NEW life the best I can and if not than I get to help those on the other side and those still living. It's the best of both worlds!

Paul Cardall, a LDS pianist, was waiting for a heart transplant for a year and received it last August. It went perfectly and he was able to go home just 2 weeks later. All the doctors said it was a miracle. He's a great example to me of having such faith, strength, ambition, and love for life. I even wish I could play the piano as well as him. He has this picture on his website that I LOVE!! It shows exactly how I feel about this transplant. I'm in the Lords hands and it's up to Him what the outcome is. I pray that I may be in tune with the whisperings of the spirit so that I may know what's best for me as I go through this journey.


Painting by Nathan Greene

6 comments:

Lindsay Mecham said...

Megs, thank you so much for sharing this. You are amazing--the type of person who has the gospel in the marrow of their bones. Thank you again, I needed to hear this testimony tonight.

I love you.

reddladybug said...

Good luck, girl! I hope the process goes smoothly! You're seriously such an inspiration!

The Rowes said...

Meg, Megs, Megs! I hope you can get on the transplant list. That would be awesome if you could get healthy with a new heart and lung. Good luck and we will keep you in our prayers.

Kate said...

You are AMAZING! I just love you Megs! Your faith and strength strengthen my faith. I am praying for you! God Bless you :)

Sadie Lynn said...

I love your faith and example. You are always in our prayers.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you, Megs. I really hope you are able to be put on the list. Thanks for your faith Megs, I think it affects more people than you realize. Love you.