Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fundraiser

My friend's brother found out a few months ago that he has Lou Gehrig's Disease (when you lose muscle and feeling in your body). So they had a big fundraiser for him to help with the medical bills and raised $30,680. He's a police officer so there were lots of cops out to show their support. They had a lottery going for some really cool stuff that was given to them for free, like a Wii. That's what I wanted, but no luck. But I did win a Magna flashlight. They also had these shirts made to sell there too. It was neat to see the family and community come together for a man who's married with 4 little boys. It made me more grateful for everything I've been blessed with.

Here he is getting interviewed by the news with his little boy
looking up at him. His brother is next to him.



No comments: