I have been mentoring a very sweet girl for almost 4 years now. It's always fun hanging out with her. Well back in May she got ADOPTED by the family she has been with for a while!!! I thought it was so nice of them to invite me to the court hearing. The morning of the adoption we waited in the hall until it was our turn. The actual court hearing with the judge took only about 10 to 15 minutes. The "court room" talk was interesting to hear. Right after the judge announced the adoption was final, my mentee started crying and said "Thank you for adopting me." It was so sweet. I started crying along with her. I'm thankful this family adopted her and have always treated her like their own from the beginning. I just couldn't help, but think about what family means to me. I also thought about the gospel and how the family is
central to the Creator's plan. I'm thankful my parents were sealed in the
Temple for time and all eternity which means I will be with my family for eternity. I love them so much and can't imagine not being with them in the next life. I'm excited for the day we all meet up again and reminisce about this life. That'll be so fun!
So here are some pics I took of the very special day.
Waiting in the hall for the court hearing
Right after with her family and the judge
Cute siblings
After her adoption (sorry it's a little blurry)
No comments:
Post a Comment