Friday, December 17, 2010

Temple Groundbreaking

On November 13th my city had a Temple groundbreaking. It started at 11:30 a.m, but my friend and I were there to claim our spots at 6:45 a.m. We pulled up thinking there would be more people just like us who had the bright idea. NO!! We were the only ridiculous ones who'd get up that early! (ended up being on the 3rd row cause the press got the first two. lame.) I had a stake thing I had to be at from 7-9 so I had to leave my friend for a while. I brought snacks and my ipod for games, but with taking pictures and people watching the time ended up going by fast. Here's the eventful day in pictures. Enjoy!

Before any construction back in July

It was so bright!




Great friends


No zooming in here :)



The wives

Third to last guy (blue tie) on right is my Stake President

Loads of people

They had a helicopter fly by and take an areal shot

What I'm looking forward to!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

HAHAHAHA that is hilarious you were the only ones there SO early!! Pretty cool though that you get to be so close and watch it be built.

The Rowes said...

Getting a new temple is awesome. The final picture looks very close to the Houston Temple.